From Indian Valley Theatre’s very first days, Mimi Bryan was there. She was part of one of the passionate founding families dreaming big about live community theatre. As a long time educator, Mimi was active on stage as well as behind the scenes. Most importantly, she was instrumental in giving many budding actors a shot on stage and bringing community theater to life for hundreds of members of the Fox Valley community to enjoy.
In the wonderful spirit of her significant contributions to the Fox Valley theatre world, IVT is so very pleased to offer the annual The Mimi Bryan memorial IVT Scholarship in the amount of $250 to area students.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who have participated in the fine arts area, especially IVT productions, and may be interested in receiving further education in that field. However, a fine arts major or minor is not required to qualify for the scholarship.
A Scholarship Review Committee of the Indian Valley Theatre board of directors will consider all complete applications submitted. The Review Committee’s decision will be based on the following criteria:
- Awarded annually to a graduating, college bound senior from high schools in Sandwich and surrounding communities.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college.
- Applicant must have a “C” average or better upon graduation from his or her school district.
- Applicant must attach two letters of recommendation from adults (excluding relatives; i.e. teachers, directors or theater members) detailing your special qualifications for this award.
- Applicant must submit a list of participation in and/or accomplishments in the fine arts or theatre-related activities.
- Application deadline is TBA and must include a short written personal response to the following questions:
a) What are your goals for utilizing the fine arts training and skills you have acquired or developed after graduation? (paid or volunteer).
b) How will this scholarship award benefit your future educational plans?
A scholarship application will be available here shortly. If, in the interim, you have questions please e-mail the scholarship committee.
Thank you very much for your interest in this prestigious scholarship program honoring one of the Fox Valley’s greatest contributors to the live theatre community and performance arts.